Terms & Conditions for WRO 2017
We invite submissions for the 17th WRO Media Arts Biennale 2017
The WRO Biennale is organised by the WRO Media Art Center in Wroclaw (Poland).
The opening events of the 2017 edition of the WRO Biennale, titled DRAFT SYSTEMS, are scheduled on 17-21 May, 2017.
Find out about Terms and Conditions below and submit your entry form online.
The remaining requirements must be met by 15 November, 2016.
DRAFT SYSTEMS: 17th WRO Media Arts Biennale 2017
Submission Terms and Conditions
1. Only works made after 1 January 2015 are eligible for submission to the 2017 WRO Biennale. The submitted works must apply the artistic potential of new media.
2. The work may be submitted by the artist / individual, the distributor, the producer and other eligible entities.
3. Submissions are made by filling in the online entry form and making the work available for downloading in a digital form.
4. The work must be submitted in a manner that enables a comprehensive assessment:
a. for video works: in the digital file format;
b. for complex and multimedia works (installations, performances, software/net/hybrid media): a description of the work, inclusive of necessary technical details and a visualisation (plus the video and photographic documentation of prior exhibitions/performances, if applicable).
5. Works should preferably be submitted electronically. In justified cases, materials and data carriers may be submitted by mail to:
WRO 2017 Biennale
WRO Art Center
a/ mail from outside the EU should be marked with: No commercial value.
b/ the mailed materials will not be returned.
6. The deadline for submission is 15 November, 2016, at 23:59 (CET).
7. No fees are charged for registration and submission of works.
8. After submitting the filled-in entry form, the entrant will receive an automatically generated receipt confirmation from the Organiser.
9. Decisions as to the acceptance or rejection of the works submitted for the Biennale WRO 2017 will be made by the Biennale’s Artistic Director and Programme Team. The list of works accepted for the Biennale will be posted at wro2017.wrocenter.pl.
10. The entrants whose submissions are accepted for the Biennale WRO 2017 will be individually notified thereof.
11. The Organiser will provide accommodation for the creators of the accepted works for the period of the opening events of the 2017 WRO Biennale on 17-21 May, 2017.
12. By submitting the work, each entrant grants the Organiser a non-exclusive right to present the work under the 2017 WRO Biennale programme and a free-of-charge licence to use the work for informing about, advertising or promoting the Biennale WRO 2017. By submitting the work, each entrant consents to the recording of the work’s exhibition or performance.
13. By submitting the work, each entrant grants the Organiser a non-exclusive right to archive the submitted materials and the documentation of the work produced during its presentation at the Biennale WRO 2017 for the purposes of information, documentation, education and research.
14. The following prizes will be awarded at the Biennale WRO 2017:
a/ the WRO Biennale Award
b/ the Critics and Editors of Art Magazines Award
15. By submitting the work, the entrant consents to the hereby Terms and Conditions.