Terms & Conditions for WRO 2021
19th Media Arts Biennale WRO 2021 REVERSO submission Terms and Conditions
- Only works made after January 1, 2019, are eligible for submission to the Biennale WRO 2021. The submitted works must apply the artistic potential of new media.
- The work may be submitted by the artist/individual, the distributor, the producer, and other eligible entities.
- Submissions are made by filling in the online entry form and making the work available for download in a digital form.
- The work must be submitted in a manner that enables a comprehensive assessment:
- a) for video works: in the digital file format;
- b) for complex and multimedia works (installations, performances, software/net/hybrid media): a description of the work, inclusive of necessary technical details, and a visualization (plus the video and photographic documentation of prior exhibitions/performances, if applicable).
- The deadline for submission is October 21st, 2020, at 23:59 (CET).
- No fees are charged for registration and submission of works.
- After submitting the filled-in entry form, the entrant will receive an automatically generated receipt confirmation from the Organizer.
- Decisions as to the acceptance or rejection of the works submitted for the Biennale WRO 2021 will be made by the Biennale’s Artistic Director and Programme Team. The list of works accepted for the Biennale will be posted at wrocenter.pl.
- The entrants whose submissions are accepted for the Biennale WRO 2021 will be individually notified thereof.
- By submitting the work, each entrant grants the Organizer a non-exclusive right to present the work under the Biennale WRO 2021 program and a free-of-charge license to use the work for informing about, advertising, or promoting the Biennale WRO 2021. By submitting the work, each entrant consents to the recording of the work’s exhibition or performance. The Submitter also allows digital access to the submitted work during Biennale WRO 2021 events through Biennale WRO 2021 information channels. The material will be appropriately secured and made available to the audience participating in Biennale WRO 2021 events.
- By submitting the work, each entrant grants the Organiser a non-exclusive right to archive the submitted materials and the documentation of the work produced during its presentation at the Biennale WRO 2021 for the purposes of information, documentation, education, and research.
- The following prizes will be awarded at the Biennale WRO 2021:
- a) the WRO Biennale Award;
- b) the Critics and Editors of Art Magazines Award.
- By submitting the work, the entrant consents to the hereby Terms and Conditions.
Processing of the personal data (GDPR)
- Processing of the personal data takes place in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679).
- The personal data will be processed by the WRO Center for Media Art Foundation, the organizer of the Biennale WRO 2021.
- More specifically all personal data processing will adhere to the following principles:
- a) processed lawfully, fairly, and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals;
- b) collected for specified, explicit, and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes, or statistical purposes shall not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes;
- c) kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed; personal data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes subject to the implementation of the appropriate technical and organizational measures required by the GDPR in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms of individuals; and
- d) processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction, or damage, using appropriate technical or organizational measures.